why?
Ok, so maybe having the thought "only ___ could stop me" is a bad idea. In this case, I had so much attention on my damned knee that something finally happened. I fell. Hard. I was having such a great day. I had to go get mom from work so I took the dog and on the way home, we stopped and got a nice cold drink (we are having a heat wave, it hit 70 today) and then the people gave Motor a frisbe so I took him to the dog park. Well, this is where things went bad. Really bad. I had my attention on him and was about to throw his ball and my feet tangled up in a branch and all my weight (and there is a lot of it) came down on my bad knee. Since most people who read this have never been to the NW and don't know....our soil is part clay which means it is HARD! I don't know how long it really took her, but it seemed like it took my mom a full minute to get out of the car. The whole time she was yelling "are you ok???" No, I wasn't. Still not. To distract her and try to regain some dignity, I had her play with the dog. I managed to stand up, but I still can't feel my foot very well. I couldn't put any weight on my leg for a few and had to accept moms help to get me to the car. After she found where the keys had landed in the grass. Needless to say, I had to let her drive my car...my baby.....:(
So, now here I am stuck on the couch because I have to keep ice on my knee (it swelled pretty good) and waiting for 1. the pain med to kick in and 2. Joe to come home. My mom has been helping me by getting me anything I need and even Jerry has been nicer. He started saying something and I quickly put him in check. I think he wants to help more and was upset I was asking mom instead, but who can blame me.
To change the subject, I stitched last night with Jerry while he read the four books I thoughtfully got from Karen. He really enjoyed them and I got quite a bit done on her RR (I think I might actually finish it this time). Things are calm here but will probably erupt again. I don't know how long I can live like this. It is really bothering me.
So, now here I am stuck on the couch because I have to keep ice on my knee (it swelled pretty good) and waiting for 1. the pain med to kick in and 2. Joe to come home. My mom has been helping me by getting me anything I need and even Jerry has been nicer. He started saying something and I quickly put him in check. I think he wants to help more and was upset I was asking mom instead, but who can blame me.
To change the subject, I stitched last night with Jerry while he read the four books I thoughtfully got from Karen. He really enjoyed them and I got quite a bit done on her RR (I think I might actually finish it this time). Things are calm here but will probably erupt again. I don't know how long I can live like this. It is really bothering me.

6 Comments:
oh crap i hope the knee gets better soon. Oh dont you just hate to ask i feel sorry for you. I am glad everyone has enjoyed those books.
the knee will be bruised and I can't drive, but i don't think its too damaged. I was up until 230am though and no one to chat with:(
I am sooo sorry about your knee. I know I can't do anything from here but I will say GET BETTER BEFORE THE TRIP.
nothing will stop this trip!
OMG! Are you sure nothing worse happened? I want to tell you to get to the Dr. but I doubt you will listen to me! Take care of yourself.
I can't go to the doctor without written permission and all that crap....I have been trying since October.
Post a Comment
<< Home