Tuesday, June 10, 2008

COLD

The weather here is still spring weather, but we are normally at least 70 degrees......Not so this year. We finally stabilized in the 60's with the nights dropping into the 40's. I can't complain too much since we aren't getting the flooding the midwest is getting though. It is interesting to know that we are getting more snow in the mountains after a huge thaw that we had....I bet we will have some people stupid enough to hike up there get stuck in an avalanche or fall 100-200ft into a crevice and we won't find them. It happens every year.

Not really much going on since it is so cold and rainy. I can't take the dog to the park since he will get soaked and smell and icky and gross.

I started really packing yesterday and the look my cat gave me was hilarious. "You mean you are really leaving me????" He then stayed by my side ALL NIGHT. The funny thing is Sera is actually the one following me around today. I hadn't even thought about what my trip would mean for her. I figured she would enjoy the relative quiet and relax while I am gone, but she may get really upset. I don't know if she understands me like Sebastian does so I don't talk to her as much.

Motor is another concern. He has never had me disappear on him....Ok, once for 3 days, but this is going to be a whole month. I did find out that there will be 2 kids in the house during that time though and I am dreading coming back and retraining him.

Once I get back, I hope Sebastian is still here. With his heart murmur and me leaving, I am nervous. I just keep remembering when Mark left and the depression that put him into. He wouldn't eat for almost 2 weeks. And it happened twice since I allowed Mark to come down again and see him. I hope Joe can help him relax though. As much as Joe teases me about him, I know he loves all the pets, but has a special place for the barking cat.

See, not much happening here.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home